I am a Registered Social Worker with a focused interest in the counselling field, to support others to achieve their best. I have worked with hundreds of people dealing with a variety of personal challenges, relationship issues and life circumstances that can arise in the lives of any and all people. I have personally experienced many of the challenges and life changing transitions that others face every day. I feel blessed for the opportunity to be a part of people’s personal lives and be able to assist them. Together we uncover or build the strengths, knowledge, skills and determination needed so that they feel they are managing and directing their own lives (rather than feeling like their lives are managing and directing them). I have a great passion for helping people become confident and successful in handling themselves. I also work in conjunction with Mills Psychology in the provision of counselling and psychotherapeutic services.
My Professional Experience
I have been in the counselling/therapy field for over 30 years. I have extensive experience from working in family service agencies, mental health settings, correctional and forensic services, college and university instructing, consulting and professional training, employee assistance programs, a private counselling practice as well as the public service. Within these settings, I have worked with a wide variety of individuals, couples, families, groups and workplaces. I have worked with adults, youth, families in high conflict, families in separation/divorce, schools, family and criminal courts. I have held various roles such as Counsellor, Therapist, Assessor, Clinical Supervisor, Program Manager, Teaching Instructor, Program Director, Facilitator, and Consultant.
My Education, Training and Credentials
- Honours B.A. Major in Psychology Degree (Queen’s University)
- Master of Social Work Degree (University of Toronto)
- Certificate Program in Individual Therapy (Smith College, Mass., U.S.A.)
- Masters Certificate in Municipal Management (University of Ontario Institute of Technology)
- Registered Social Worker (RSW). I am a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Narrative Therapy Training (Brief Therapy Training Centres – International)
- Certified Brief Solution-Focused Therapist
- Certified Solution-Focused Counselling
- Solution-Oriented Coaching Series
- Solution-Focused Brief Coaching
- Coaching, Supervision, Management and Leadership Training
- Certified User of Ontario Domestic Assault Risk Assessment
- Certified training in Custody & Access Work
- Certified Solution-Focused Conflict Mediation
- Critical Incident Stress Management (Level 1 and 2)
- EMDR Level 1 and 2 (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Cybercounselling Level 1 and Level 2